Monday, August 24, 2009

Part III: Pictures of Evelyn Elliott Davis' Mother and Grandmother

Here are some pictures that Kerry Barksdale (my cousin) sent to me. They are pictures of Mary (Mae) Earline Neighbors Elliott as a youth and a young woman. In addition, there is one picture of Mae Neighbors' mother (Mary Etta Staggers Elliott with one of her sons).

Here is Kerry Barksdale's comment on these pictures:

I can't remember if I have shared these photos with you or not. They were small photos that are in a locket that belonged to our grandmother Neighbors when she was a young lady. Later, after Pauline was born, Mae was holding her and Pauline picked up the locket that her mother was wearing, put it in her mouth and bit down on it leaving the dent that is still there today. I enlarged the photos and restored them except for the one of Mary Etta Staggers and one of her sons that I have not gotten around to yet. Oh yes, Mary Emil has the locket.

Kerry















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still Waiting