Sunday, September 2, 2007

Who Am I?

Who Am I?

No recollection of non-existence.

Consciousness always present.

Even in sleep

The mental workings never cease.



Observation reveals that

Life has a beginning

And it has transition

In death.


Spirit, mind, and body

Work together to produce

Joys, thoughts, pleasures

Untold.


The triumvirate resists

Each other and

Sorrow, sin, and pain

Abound.


“Deep calls to deep…,”

“Fearfully and wonderfully

Are we made.”

A chasm needs filling.


The Creator, the God

Of the Universe,

Seeks out the

Human heart.


A marriage is celebrated.

A sabbath’s rest is proclaimed.

Redemption is accomplished.

The old gives way to the new.


Who am I?

In me I see a reflection

Of His glory,

A yearning to see Him fully.


A hope is placed within me.

A partnership is established.

In spite of needed refinements,

I am covered with eternal assurance.



Life is worth living!

Routines are the active ingredients.

Mountaintops are reflections

Of the finished product.


Who am I?

I am

Fearfully and

Wonderfully made!

RED©1983



1 comment:

Unknown said...

BRAVO!

You are an awesome blogger/poet/warrior of God, and I thank Him for you each day.

Your pal,

Donald