Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An Ordinary Day

"Another day in the Life..."
This is the beginning of the 15,966th day in the married life of Davis and his wife. Five hundred and sixteen months ago we planned a simple wedding at 7 p.m. CDT. The day was to be routine with the fulfillment of classes at the university for me and private studio teaching for her. We decided to make the day as ordinary as possible, but the plan was to prepare for an extraordinary life of days together. At 7 p.m. our best man (the old man who was a mutual friend at 70 years old) rode with us to the Justice of Peace across the river. The JP and his wife and our friend were witnesses. The marriage vows were spoken and promised. And indeed, an extraordinary life began. The joys, the sorrows, the conflicts, the oneness, the disappointments, the sickness, the health, the commitment to the marriage, the personal failures, the treasures and dividends make this 15,966th day a day I can tell her what I told her on the 2nd day of marriage, "My Dear, I love you more today that I did yesterday."

Gratefully,
RED

No comments: